About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog.I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary, plus any cards as required. As my Carpal Tunnel allows I am getting into yarn/fabric crafts with slow stitching and needle felting added to my list. I continue with my love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus Faith/Art Journaling with acrylics and inks. I completed my challenge to make an art journal page a day for my 60th year in 2024. My list of crafty exploits includes ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like Walking/Geocaching. I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Evangelical Church.

Wednesday, 1 July 2026

WOYWW #891 - Pretty Fed Up

Gosh don't know what else to say really, glad of the slight heat respite but know another heatwave is forecast to begin on Monday. Not been up to much this past week as only just getting over the last heatwave.

I did manage to sit at my desk yesterday and stick some bits and bobs down for July's scripture writing page.

Here's June's page

The little pocket contains a tag where I have been writing one word a day from each of the scriptures.

Another bone of contention is we have road works for the electricity for a new housing development off the cul du sac out the back plus a new house being built in next doors garden, both causing loads of access and noise issues. Really had enough of everything to be honest.

I have done some more embroidery though. The straight lines (wall) was just how I've been feeling.

We did manage to get out to a geocache by the River Mole on Monday and the sight of a rambling rose against a blue door really struck me.........

.... so I have added that to my piece.



Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Helen said...

I really feel for you, but am loving the embroidery, it is gorgeous. the tumbling rose addition is beautiful! Stay cool and happy WOYWW . Helen #1

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your scripture page spread is amazing, with all those collaged bits and bobs! Del Rio, TX has average high temperatures ranging from 95°F to 100°F (35°C to 38°C) during the Summer. I wouldn't say I'm used to it, but feel blessed to have Air Conditioning and a swimming pool to deal with it. Stay cool and happy WOYWW!

ukmaryanne said...

Happy I'm-hosting-knitting WOYWW!
I am loving your embroidery. It's looking fabulous. And the journal pages are all wonderful - amazed you managed it in the heat, and like you I am NOT looking forward to it returning. The rambling roses are striking.
Mary Anne (2)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the way you incorporated that blue door with the beautiful roses into your embroidery, it’s like a stitched diary isn’t it? I am not looking forward to the next heatwave either, bring on the autumn!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Annie said...

I'm really enjoying the cooler days so lets hope next week isn't as hot as the last heatwave. I really love your embroidery.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your scripture pages, I hadn’t zoomed in before, but your method is a type of Bible Quilting, which I have tried, but not with pictures. I also love your word tag. Great inspiration x hugs Angela

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I can understand how you feel, I am not a lover of the heat either. Well done at getting some projects done. Happy woyww, Angela x10x

Elizabeth said...

Hello BJ, I feel for you. Heat and building work together! Nothing like as bad as you describe but a neighbour is getting some work done indoors and the noise is intrusive. Love what you did with the roses and the blue door on your embroidery work. Here's wishing you a better week. Elizabeth x #15

Sarah Brennan said...

I love to see how your embroidery is progressing BJ. Hope the next heatwave is shorter than the last. Stay safe and Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah

My name is Cindy said...

Sorry I'm so late, barely have time to do the link on Wednesdays these days. I try to keep it free but it is the only weekday I don't have to be elsewhere so things kinda spill into that space making it hard to get round. Sorry you have so much to deal with in the heat. I'm ok 80% of the time but I am very precious about my energy levels otherwise I just wouldn't manage. It is annoying that my craft room is often the hottest place in the house!!
Fingers crossed next week isn't too bad, will be thinking of you, love n hugs, Cindy
(and yes the to do list is ever present like the washing!!)

Kelly said...

Oh, BJ. I feel your frustration.
We had a bit of a cool-off on the 4th but it's back again with a vengeance. So ready for fall. LOL
Creative Blessings and cooling hugs!
~ Kelly #16