About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 27 July 2022

WOYWW #686 - Exercises, WATER, Graduation

I'm seeing my osteopath about various things right now (Back, Hamstring, Shoulder and Knee). 

So my desk is festooned with different weights ready for my new regime of exercises.

I did however do a scrapbook page this week.

The photos are from Advent/November last year when Jan introduced us to crocheted angels. Remember those, I made 20+ in the end.

I used one of my new Kraft Crazy dies of the angel, all the photos don't leave much room for other stuff but I managed it.
As for the WATER situation with a drought looming especially here in the South East, I have been saving water from various activities for the garden,

1) The Air-Con machine dehumidifies so there is a run off of water so that is collected in jugs...


2) I started saving run through water, and veg washing water in the kitchen,  and quite amazed at how much "waste" water there is.

Both are now transferred to conveniently located watering cans ready for the garden





3) I tried the jug to watering can method with bath water but that proved too much.

So yesterday we set up a hose from the bathroom to trugs outside. It took a bit to get it going but it worked in the end. 

Best to leave that water for 24 hours before use on garden. 

It's called "Grey Water" and you can definitely see why - LOL.




And to finish my son's Graduation from last week, a hectic day in the heat, driving to and from Southampton St Mary's Stadium but all done and such proud parents. 





Lovely to see him home for the first time since he moved out in March too.





And he insisted on a photo opportunity back at campus. 

a) When he was 18yrs and on his Open Day visit to Southampton University

b) Now Graduated 23yrs, 

I can feel a scrapbook page or two coming on.....





Happy WOYWW Everyone.






PS Blogger is a right pain today, photos won't drag and drop amongst other things!!

9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love love love the two photos of Then and Now featuring your son, what a great idea! Blimey, time flies…. well doen on the water saving too, your’e right, it’s astonishing how much gets ‘wasted’. I think it’s a first for seeing grey water ont he desks lol!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the now and then photos BJ - they would make a great contribution to a scrapbook page. Good idea about water saving too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Very lovely, special before and after photos BJ they do grow up dont they... esp like that plants grow woth the lad growing up too. Lovely memories make a nice scrap page..

Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

PS done that water saving here for years, though stopped the grey water pne sime time back it was too hard to do.

Mariane said...

I love the photos as they are :D Saving water like that, what a great idea. I live in an apartment so there is not many thing I can do concerning the water, only use less as possible :) .. Congratulation with your Son ... That is an amazing thing when the "kids" are finishing ther graduation.
I wonder? .. Have you heard about Anthony William? If not, try to google him and see if you can use some of his books?

Thank you for sharing

Have a great week !!
Hugs
Mariane #12

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi BJ, so nice to vist your blog this morning - very interesting how you are capturing more water! I hope your PT goes well!
Have a great week, Ginny M

Helen said...

I am very impressed at your water saving methods, good for you! Love the photos of your son at either end of his Uni time! Happy WOYWW and good luck with the exercise xx Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I have given up watering the garden and cutting back the plants instead. They will grow back when the rain starts or not. I bet you had a lovely day with your son he looks great. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh, graduation, even if later than planned, is so marvellous isn’t it, a day that really does point to the promise of their future. I loved it. Saw quite a few be-gowned graduands last week on my wandering to distract from thinking about Mr Dunnit in the clinic! Really love the then and now photos of your lovely boy..and how that greenery has grown too, such a great measure of the time lapse! I hope the weights and exercises are a help for you.