About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 6 July 2022

WOYWW #683 - Circle Wreath Die (from China!)

Nothing like a new die to get me crafting although truth be told I did start the double LO before the die actually arrived. 

Many thanks to Cindy who managed to find a source for the much wanted circle wreath die and as it wasn't that expensive we thought we'd have a go ordering from Ebay/China. 

It took 18days to arrive, didn't cut too well in it's original state (3 dies held together by metal tabs), so I separated them and did a double run through the Cuttlebug individually and all OK.

I managed to use the good cuts AND the not go good ones on my layout entitled THING. 

If you are of an age you'll remember The Addams Family's helping hand called Thing. I'd fussy cut my pre-op hand photo and this was what came to mind. 

Got a load of dies stacking up on order from Kraft Crazy, expecting to be crafting much more when I eventually get those.

Have done a jigsaw too. It's of Burning Shed a music supplier that my husband uses "a lot". 

I made myself do the sky first and the rest was pretty straight forward. 

I've had a little play with the fact that the 1000 piece jigsaws are made using a 500 piece die which is rotated for the second half of the picture. 


It takes all sorts....


And for the record my desk on Saturday - Hubby's 66th birthday... 

Totally inspired by Jan's Poppy bag fabric from last week.


So I got out my pieces of that same fabric and made my Hubby a couple of covers for his wheat heat bags (beany/hotty).

Nice surprise when he got back from his cycle ride.

Happy WOYWW Everyone

6 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your jigsaw playing! Modern art perhaps! I refuse to buy anything made in China knowingly. I have had some duff craft products and there seems to redress if things are faulty. Some of the dies are so cheap though 🙄. Any more music from the harp? Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Loved see8ng your version of what to do with the poppy fabric, the 2heat bags are a great idea! Loved the patterns in the jigsaw too, I’d do that sort of thing as well!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I've never heard of Craft Crazy and will have to look them up. I've had moulds from China and always been pleased with them but dies maybe not so much but they are cheap. Loving the poppy fabric, gorgeous. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Love how you have been playing with the jigsaw BJ. What fab poppy fabric for those covers too. A fun LO this week as well. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

what a fab jigsaw! I do remember Thing! that's a really fun layout! thanks for visiting, just about to have tea, so very late today! Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Brilliant jigsaw! How cool is that! Sorry I’m so late. Was at Kraft Craszy on Friday lunchtime and she mentioned that she was off to the post office to post stuff to you, so hope it won’t be long now!