About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 3 August 2022

WOYWW #687 - Geocaching : Hide & Finds

Yup desk is rather devoid of actual crafting this week. All I can show for it is the next set of photos on cardboard sheets ready for inspiration.

I am awaiting 5kg of papers and cardstock from Kraft Crazy. The shop closes on Saturday so the last few crazy bargains are on her Facebook page. I have already started my 3rd parcel - oops.

I paid for parcel 2 over the phone whilst sitting on a log in the woods when we were out geocaching yesterday. We did a 3 mile route around Telegraph Hill - Claygate, Surrey. It was very hot out of the woods.

Here's hubby leaning on one of the street finds yesterday. You'll never guess where the logbook was! Staring you right in the face, magnetised to the box side. Done one like this before so I went straight to it, so funny.


Desk also has a couple of trinkets I swapped in caches yesterday. A blue marble and turquoise butterfly. I love trinkets.

Plus my workout/exercise sheet. It's been hard going but I have remembered to do them for a whole week now.

We have also set up a new geocache in our local church this week and I have been in communication with the vicar getting permission. Got the final go ahead via email whilst sitting on the same log in the woods yesterday. Aren't mobile phones amazing. 

You might have spotted our BIG fan too. I have to have 2 going all night as I am still struggling with the heat. This one brings in what little coolness there is from outside. I leave my bedroom door open too and that helps the heat escape, never thought I'd be looking forward to Autumn so much....

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

7 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Loved the positioning of that log book - hidden in plain sight huh?! I’m pleased that you’re getting lots of new stash from Kraft Crazy, such a shame she’s closing, it was a lovely little shop xx
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I always find it sad when craft shops close though I ealise it can be for all kinds of reasons but at least you are getting some good buys. Well done in finding the log book too. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Talk about hiding something in plain sight BJ. Sounds like you have been doing a great deal. Enjoy the parcels when they arrive. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Oh I wish I could have got to that craft shop! Well done for bagging a few bargains! That was a great place to hide the logbook. The sun is shining, but it’s very windy here. Jumper time if you go out! Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Helen said...

was trying to visit some desks at lunchtime but phone said I'd signed out of google... here now! I do love your geocaching exploits! well done too on snagging some bargains from Julia's mate. Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

I looked for the video for the binding method - https://youtu.be/FcZy8BDPAlY
Angela x

My name is Cindy said...

Hiya BJ!! Yes you have been rather busy on that sale page - I had a look but FB blocked me for going too fast!! I might see if I can get back in. I'm so late after my visior yesterday, nothing to show for a whole day except a messy craft room! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx