About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 18 August 2021

WOYWW #637 - Delving into Archives

On my desk are a few photos from the archives my cousin had shared on facebook recently. Also some from my old photo albums I'd got reprinted, two of me as a kid with monkeys and a parrot! And one of me at a cousin's wedding in 1969 which another cousin had passed to me at a funeral. Still pondering those...

Meanwhile I finished off my New Year's Eve page. 

I'd celebrated New Year around the globe on zoom 3 times. Starting at Kiribati at 10am 31-12-2020, then us at midnight then Baker Island at 12 noon 1-1-2021. 

I even remembered to use the numbers I'd cut out to decorate my zoom screen on my page.


Anyway not got around to choosing many let alone ordering more prints so I scrapped a couple of the archive photos of my Dad as a baby with his older sister back in the 1930's.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself as I hurt my back on Monday. Same as usual just doing something innocuous but it's been a while since I tweaked it last, and I had only just been thinking it had been OK for ages..... More fool me!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your LOs are always interesting but I think you’ve done really brilliantly with that vintage one of your dad and family, it just works so well!!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thinking you're okay and doing well is always the start of something, it's almost as though your brain is telling you watch out something is going to happen. Take care and have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your vintage layout. Sorry your back is hurting, just the slightest wrong movement can do it. Happy WOYWW Angela #4

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Sounds like you had a full-on New Year's Eve despite the lockdown - and how else could you take part in New Year celebrations in three different time zones if not online! The 1930's layout looks amazing - very vintage with real photos of your own family - that's definitely something special! Thanks for stopping by earlier! Have a lovely week BJ! xx zsuzsa #21

Helen said...

I hope your back eases soon. your multi New Year's Eve page is excellent! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lynnecrafts said...

Hope your back feels better soon. Your vintage layout is beautiful!
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8

My name is Cindy said...

Oh I really love that vintage LO! I've been thinking of you and wondering how you choose photos - my first trawl for my daughter's album was well over 150 - now I have to whittle them down!! Funny when you go through, I can almost pinpoint when I went from camera with negs (loads of unnecessary prints), then digital camera (loads of photos mainly still on the pc), and now camera phone (all still sitting on my phone cos it's too much of a faff to move them). I was also a bit sad that I don't have many between ages of around 15 - 23. I guess she was getting more independent then. Am resigned that this won't be ready for her birthday but maybe by the time she gets back from holiday. Fingers crossed!! Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy xx

Susan Renshaw said...

What an amazing New Year!
Great LO's!
Hope your back is feeling better.
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #15
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Marit said...

I love your layouts, especially the vintage one with the old photo of your father with his sister. I received some very old photos of family a while ago and am planning to 'do something' with it too... if only I can find the time! Thanks for visiting my desk, have a great day/weekend! Love from the Netherlands. Marit #5

Felicia said...

BJ, you ALWAYS seem to drum up old photos! I can't even remember where half of our family photos are!! LOLOL But all in all they make for GREAT layouts for you! How awesome about your New Years' celebrations....several times! LOLOL That may be a record! LOL How cool! Sorry about your back, I hope you are mending and will be back in tip-top soon! Sorry for the late get-around! Blessings for the weekend! Felicia #26

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh it’s not fair, you just realise that you’re feeling Ok and that nobbles it. Hope you’ve been able to get some relief and all returns to normal very soon. Lovely classic sepia scrapbooking, such a lovely page, and all the bits of ephemera are just right. A change from your multi pictures per page format, hope you enjoyed doing it.

Lillianb said...

Love your lay out, and hope your back is on the mend and you feel better soon,

Take care and stay safe, Lilian B #16

Shoshi said...

Sorry to hear about your back, BJ, and I hope it gets bettter soon. Very debilitating. Gorgeous layouts, especially the 1930s one which is very special.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23