About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 29 July 2020

WOYWW #582 - FIRST - Proud Mum

It's safe to say that my desk hasn't changed from a fortnight ago!

Last week I was waiting for my son's degree results on the Thursday so was totally preoccupied. I even BOUGHT him a card!



So proud, he got a First in Computer Science at Southampton University.

Have since found out my friend's son also got a FIRST so I actually made him a card!











Oh and I saw this rainbow picture on my walk this week. Get annoyed at the number of rainbows with only 6 colours, this one certainly addressed the balance!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

16 comments:

BJ said...

Although now looking at the rainbow photo closer it is in fact TWO 6 colour rainbows - Oh my!

Sarah Brennan said...

Congratulations to your son and his friend BJ. A great achievement. Six colour rainbows annoy me too but I can't say that I have seen many of them. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Susan Renshaw said...

Congratulations to both on the firsts!!
I am always happy to see the rainbows when we are out walking - especially when they have obviously been drawn by children. I made a rainbow for my daughter's window using my Cricut...definitely 7 colours. However I am guilty of colouring some three colour "Rainbows" lst week - part of a digi. I did have to give it some thought as to which colours to use!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Many congrats to your son on completing his degree with a first, fantastic achievement especially in this weird year. I have felt so sorry for everyone in education, whatever age they are, they've been affected.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Helen said...

Brilliant boy! Love the cards Helen #4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, he did fantastically well, so congrats from me. Lots of ace cards there too. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Sue Jones said...

big congratulations to your son especially in these difficult timers. Lovely cards. Have a great week.Soojay #18

Monica said...

Congratulations to your son and his friend. It is so worthwhile to work hard and achieve great results . Not sure how conditions affected universities in the UK but he has succeded. great cards .
Monica

Caro said...

Congratulations to your son. That is a fantastic achievement. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Sorry I'm late - the day has been rather full of paint and phonecalls!! Congratulations to your son and his friend - no mean feat this year with all the interruptions in study and lectures - he's done really well.
I'm with you - rainbows have 7 colours!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Well done, bet you're very proud of your son. Love the card even if you did buy them. Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x14x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, congratulations! My son's also studying Computer Science, only at GCSE level - I know it's hard! Happy belated! zsuzsa #23

Shoshi said...

Congratulations to your brilliant son, BJ. You have every right to be a proud mum!! Also to his friend. Very encouraging and uplifting news in light of everything else that's going on in the world at the moment.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #12

Morti said...

Congrats to your son! Such a great achievement - and you should be proud because you laid the foundations on which he's built...

Cute card for Fraser too - where was the number die from?

Morti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Dunnit said...

Your brilliant son, you are rightly proud. I remember my daughter telling us the degree she held in the photographs was actually a pice if white pipe with a ribbon round it and we thought that was such a good degree! Please don’t let the short coloured rainbows annoy you, just rejoice that people bother even if they don’t have enough colours!!