About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 25 July 2023

Fodder Challenge Day #12

Day #12 - Fodder Mobiles by Susanne Randers - the final project.

We needed a stick to hang our fodder from and any trinkets we wanted to use, plus yarn, beads and feathers. 

I foraged in the house and came up with a whittled stick made by my son when he was a kid so I sawed a piece off that. 

The yarn was from a knitted cardigan. I liked the bumpy texture although it wasn't the colour I intended for this but I went with the flow.

I found beads in the kids threading bead box (most of mine were too fine for the project). Various metal Euphemia including Tim Holtz trinkets, even an old "Victorian" hair clip (no idea how I came by that one!). 

Also a metal token found on the floor at church the week before last that no one seemed to want, and some old shank buttons in threes.

We were shown the tiered circles so I stuck to the same colour way for those. Did all this on the Friday evening then tried to sleep.......

I made it up on the Saturday morning, which went into Saturday afternoon and before long I realised it was nearly 3pm and I hadn't eaten anything!

Love my mobile which has pride of place in the conservatory.

I then realised I hadn't done the feather as an end piece nor actually watched the end videos of this project so I watched the rest of the project videos and made a little beaded feather which I have put on my curtain next to my craft table.

What a super end to a brilliant 12 day challenge



1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Well I love it! I really must ransack my hoarded metal bits before having a go... and keep my eyes down for a feather or two. :D
Mary Anne