About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 15 December 2021

WOYWW#654 - Cards, Angels and Duolingo!

Oops a bit late for the party today. Got into Duolingo and maybe becoming addicted!

Doing Hebrew, Welsh and French - the latter 2 to help get my XP (experience counter) up and so I can advance leagues each week. Also to win back hearts as the Hebrew is so taxing!

Anyway desk is as normal TIDY 

(oh say that with a Welsh accent won't you!)

So here's what I've been up to this week.

A congratulations card for my son on his new job, and his birthday one for next week.

A thank you card for my hand therapist who I see probably for the last time tomorrow so I've made her a white angel too.

Lots more upcycled Christmas cards mostly from last years ones.

Two hybrid angels as I ran out of white yarn so finished off with gold and then used the final gold yarn sewn into a purple angel for the tree.

Oh and finally, by chance an Amazon present came from Israel of all places so I'm loving the box considering I'm learning Hebrew. Who said kids only preferred the boxes??? שביר shavir - fragile!







Happy WOYWW Everyone

9 comments:

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi BJ. You’re putting me to shame on Duolingo, but I’m just doing Welsh. We sometimes watch the rugby on S4C (Brian’s from Llanelli) so it would be nice to understand more.
Anyway I adore your penguins. The purple and gold, and white / gold angels are great too
Take care, stay safe and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3

Helen said...

3?? go you!! I am impressed. I love the angels, the purple is great.... Happy WOYWW take care. Helen #2

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, your really challenging yourself by learning three languages at the same time. I've studied French, at school and at college, and only ever used it in one temp job many years ago, and in Jersey of all places. I've only driven through France but never actually stopped. But it's still been a very useful skill to have and learning was never a waste of time. Your cards and angels are lovely. Have a lovely week. Elizabeth x #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the angels esp the purple one! Congrats to your son on his new job, always good to hear that the youngsters are getting on. Well done on your duolingo as well, fair play to you (or should that be Chwarae Teg?) And of course I read Tidy a la Nessa!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, don't ask where I've been but I've only just got round to opening the laptop. I started okay but then got distracted. Well done with the languages. I started learning Spanish years ago and when I tried it out on holiday the girl looked at me and said to her friend "tell her how much it is in English". Every country we've been to want us to speak in English but I still think it's good to know some other languages too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

Sarah Brennan said...

Well done with the DuoLingo BJ. I will have to have another go at Russian. Lovely cards - my hubby's birthday is next week and I still need to make him and Mum a card too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m afraid Hebrew and Welsh aren’t on my list for learning, but I am interested in your Duolingo experience, is it ‘repeat after me’ o real learning with verb declension and such? Think ultimately we may just go back to night school, it’ll be like date night!! Lovely cars for your boy and I’m sue the hand therapist will be thrilled that you’ve thought of her.

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, I had to read that twice - 3 languages?! I take my hat off to you - that is mightily impressive. After doing French through school I can just about tell someone my name and ask for a beer! I love the little angels, they are so sweet and I'm sure your hand therapist will love the little white one. It's great that you are on the last visit - I trust that means the hand is nearly fully mended?
Hope you have a good week, almost forgot to say I love the cards too!
Diana xx #12

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done for persevering with the languages. Duo lingo is a great app. I was trying to learn Polish, but I lack determination. Great cards. Angela #11