About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 1 December 2021

WOYWW#652 - Advent

Advent began last Sunday so we went and got our real tree for this year. I like to get the most out of ours so I won't be taking it down till Candlemas (2nd February) all being well. It's in a cold conservatory so it usually lasts. We can see it from the lounge and the kitchen.

Needless to say little crafting yet again I'm afraid. Even my wrist exercises and scar massaging has taken a dive.

I have started learning Hebrew via Duolingo loving that but aware it isn't quite the same as Biblical Hebrew.

I took on board those that liked the gold crocheted angel I made so I persevered with a few more.

I have 3 on the mantle and one on the real tree. I went with Purple and Gold for my big real tree this year.

I have a little faux tree in the hall and I have hung a white angel on there as I went with white on there this year.

There's a pile of the white angels on my desk ready to pop in the cards I haven't made yet - LOL.

Oh well at least the house is decorated.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Helen said...

BJ your trees look fabulous and so do the gold angels, they are gorgeous. Good luck with the Hebrew. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Decorating your house is good thing to do for the soul, it’ll give you so much pleasure so well done for doing it first! I love the angels dotted around everywhere, they look really great.
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

I agree, the gold angels look lovely, worth the persevering! Sorry that your wrist is still bad, I must say it sounds like your hand is doing well now, such a shame the wrist is misbehaving. Your trees look gorgeous, I am a bit behind with some things, but really enjoy the decorating process although it takes me a few days…not because there’s loads but because I’m easily distracted!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely decorations! I love the smell of real pine trees but we haven't had a real one for years. Once we had one with the roots to put in the garden after Christmas but they cut the roots so close it didn't survive - we watched it hang on for a while before it died. It was so sad to get rid of it! Good luck with your language studies. My son is learning Japanese on Duolingo - completely on his own initiative - been doing it for months. And he was deemed too "stupid" to learn French LOL - it just wasn't the right language for him! Happy December! xx zsuzsa #18

Diana Taylor said...

Your trees are gorgeous - I love the purple and gold colour scheme. I also love how you've decorated your mantelpiece - the little angels are beautiful. You have definitely got me in the mood for putting up the decorations now!
Hope your hand is doing well, have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Your trees are lovely. Anything goes on my Christmas tree as far a colour goes! I like to see all my favourites out. Glad your hands are improving. Happy WOYWW Angela #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I thought I was looking at my own fire place just then. I must post a pic of it sometime and you will see what I mean. Nice Christmas trees too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x16x

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous decorations BJ. They look so festive. Well done with the Hebrew too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Spyder said...

Lovely decs on the trees, My tree is still up in the attic but the one in the garden has been sparkling all year!Have a great Crafty Week. stay safe. Happy very Late WOYWW!?((Lyn))#25