About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 27 January 2021

WOYWW #608 - How I Scrap

Thought you'd like a photo of my desk mid-scrapping as of yesterday evening, I've got to December 2019.

I tend to group my photos for a page and crop and arrange on some 12x12 plain white paper.

Then I choose some coloured papers - trying to use up stock but far too many big or fussy patterns which don't work well from me so have asked for some plain coloured/textured card for my birthday.


Then I add a title and embellish as and where I can.

Here's my son's 21st Birthday layout finished. I got the colour blocks and diagonal positioning from the piece of patterned paper. 

Before that there was the big hair cut. I wasn't going to cut his hair again (hoping he'd go to a barbers when in uni) but he didn't so I did. 

The photo before I call my Jesus Photo, love it.


I literally put it in a pony tail and chopped it off. Have kept it and I have one of my own as well. There's a photo of a group of us in church with coloured hair too.

Finally a friend's thanksgiving where the banner I'd made with her 17 years previously was draped over her coffin, so special. 

And some Christmas preparations, including our Church Nativity.

Only a couple more LOs to finish 2019.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

19 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Lilian, yes I do loads of heat embossing in fact I rarely don’t, it’s what pulled me into stamping 30 years ago. Re the two ponytails, you can always donate hair to the alopecia association and they can use it for those for wigs for those who have no hair - due to the condition alopecia or cancer treatments. A great idea they do money raising for that sort of thing here.
How on earth did you climb up to the roof to take the first photo?
Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Billy... I said Lillian cos she’d signed her name with number #11... which you are!
I must admit I thought that’s funny I didn’t know BJ is Lillian!,, 🤣🤣🤣 yes she also commented re heat embossed work. Well time for bed here good night and God bless!
Hugs Shaz.x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I do like your LOs, they focus on the photos rather than the paper/embellishments. I am really enjoying sorting mine out, I did edit when I got them originally but have decided that the pics of places can go (the early ones would mean nothing to my sons!) and am only keeping friends and family. IT’s been a lot of fun actually!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Christine said...

Love the layouts, well done for nearly finishing the year.
Have a good week
Christine #31

Lisa-Jane said...

We should do a swap! I have plenty of coloured card and I find it so hard to use. But I like little patterns more than anything - I love that chevron paper on the first layout and the diagonal colour blocks. I take my hat off to you scrapping chronologically - my type 1 brain feels behind enough even though I pick and choose what I scrap! Brains are funny... Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #10

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the layouts BJ, especially the hair cut one. I keep threatening to take the scissors to my son's hair as well lol. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Felicia said...

BJ, LOVE your scrap pages this time! You always do some great layouts! My daughter is about to turn 21! She can't wait! Well, me too because after the "fascination" wears off, she will see that it's still just life! LOLOL I LOVE the hair cutting layout. Your son is so super cute! I love long hair, so boy that would have been a shocker, but he is also quite handsome with the short style as well! Long hair is back in mom......just staying! LOL I totally get it though! My heart stopped on your last layout, but what a special, special memory! Just lovely BJ!! Well, stay safe and healthy and Happy Wednesday! Felicia #28

My name is Cindy said...

You are cracking those scrap pages! Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindyxx #8

Karen said...

Hi! your pages are coming out great! Love the haircut documentary ~ great memories. Enjoy your week ~ Love, Karen

Helen said...

I wish you could cut my hair - it's going so wild (I missed an appointment due 2 days after lockdown and it was already bad then!) I have piles of coloured card stock somewhere Great layouts though, well done for getting to the end of 2019 nearly. take care and stay safe. Helen #1

Caro said...

I'm loving the top down views of your desk and the layouts are wonderful. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ I am so impressed with the way you keep going with the journal pages so well done you. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x18x

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Thankfully my hairstyle is simple and I can just put it up now it is getting too long. Hubby is desperate to get his hair cut though! I still haven’t done any scrapbooking. Once the notecard holder is finished, I will be getting the photos out. Ali x. #26

Elizabeth said...

Hi B-J, nice to see you catching up with your scrapping. How did you take the overhead photo? I'm imagining you perched on the top of stepladders. I need someone like you to cut my ponytail too - I haven't been inside a hairdressers since November 2019! Have a lovely week. Elizabeth x #30

Heather M said...

Hi BJ, nice to get a new shot of your desk from a different angle. I love how you have everything close to hand! Wow, your son looks totally different with short hair! I used to cut my daughters hair until they started at secondary school - it took some effort to convince them to go to a hairdresser. I'm loving all the layouts you have done. I really don't put much thought into the scrapbook pages I do - I should put some effort into them, and they would look much better! Have a lovely week, Heather ×× #21

Crafting With Jack said...

That is a bird’s eye view of your desk - were you on a ladder? Do you do one scrapbook page a month? If so 12 more to do for last year! I haven’t done much with my photographs and probably have a couple of years worth to sort out. My husband says he would rather have photographs than have them just on the laptop, but when I make him an album he never looks at it. Have a great week Angela #15

Shoshi said...

You certainly are organised with how you do your layouts, BJ. Such a good idea doing a mock-up on white paper first. I often do mock-ups of things and photograph them so I can refer back and see where to put various things when it comes to the real thing.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #24

Spyder said...

I'm not really late, I was here, but I couldn't comment ??? You did a good job on the hair cut! My dad would do mine, hiding never worked or even running away! It got chopped off! A teacher moaned (the kids laughed!) "What have you done with your hair!!?? We have school photos today!" And that photo still haunts me! Do love your layouts, all happy and great fun! and your crafty corner looks cosy! Stay Safe. Happy WOYWW!?(Lyn)#16

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the layouts - especially the hair one! Congratulations on nearly finishing 2019.
Happy WOYWW- sorry I am so late visiting.
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #6