About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 24 January 2018

WOYWW #451 - Colour Theme!

I think my desk became a bit of a dumping ground.
Popped back to Sainsbury's yesterday to pick up a couple more crop tops.

Tried on some clothes for my uncles funeral next week but only ended up with the rather bright t-shirt!



What with that, my new Lime Green phone case and my new Pink heat gun, things are definitely getting a colour theme!

I have started to populate my new die folder. The cross and dove are new and the latter was just the ticket for the 2 baptism cards I made for last Sunday.

I made the zip charm from the metal die we got in one of the Christmas crackers and a few beads.


Finally I got the "With Sympathy" word die and at the same time "Celebrate", an interesting combination. However a funeral is a way of celebrating a life here on earth before they go to glory in heaven with our maker so not such a strange combination really.

Finally the scrapbook page is stuck and is of our church weekend last April.

Just one thing to get sorted is the flattened fabric flower on my hat for the funeral. Had it handing in the bathroom with a clip holding the petals the right way and I think that might have done the trick. Of course a spot of silicone might help too.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

17 comments:

Claire said...

Always, so many projects on the go... How do you keep track??
Happy WOYWW :)
no. 5

sandra de said...

You have been busy and I always feel that some beautiful bright colours can be perfect for a funeral. Especially when we celebrate their life and then their return to our creator. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @19

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. You've certainly been busy this week! Glad you will be able to both mourn and celebrate your uncle! We let off party poppers at the end of the celebration service for John when he died!! Looks like a great church weekend!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow BJ, busy, busy, busy. You have certainly been working on a variety of projects this week. Hope all goes well! Sarah #18

craftyani said...

Busy lady, loved the bright colours. We seem to wear bright colours here in Spain so when I go to UK my daughter always says she can see me coming because I don't wear dark things. I didn't call my sons funeral a funeral I called it a celebration of his life. Anickoana#3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I was so used to seeing bright colours at funerals in England that it was a bit of a shock to come back to Wales and experience proper old fashioned black. I love your t shirt - remembering your uncle shouldn't be sombre.
Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

Helen said...

You can never find the clothes you need only things you want! Great desk Helen #1

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love the angel wings and the day light lamp - I do need one of those! It gets so dingy in my craft room so early - and sometimes it's dingy all day. I should wear more colourful clothes - I always go for navy/black/white - I just like to blend in LOL! Love your die storage - a bit more refined then mine but works on the same principle! ;) Have a good week! zsuzsa #7

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, lovely cross die. Funerals are indeed truly a celebration of the life lived, I agree. Hope the flower got sorted properly! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

Jan said...

What a fab woyww tfs xx Jan 33

Diana Taylor said...

Always so much to see and read on your blog posts! I love the Baptism cards, very elegant in those gorgeous neutrals. Your layout is so pretty too, with the lovely die cut flowers.
I hope you get your hat flower back into shape - we've just had a funeral, they nearly always seem to happen in January I find. It's good to lighten the mood with a splash of colour, especially with the grey, horrible weather we've been having.

Neet said...

You asked what was on the wreath in my friend's craft-room - they are tea bags. She collects all those different colours and flavours and makes a wreath with them.
Love your lime green phone case, you won't be searching for that will you?
Hope the celebration of life goes well - I attended one not long ago for a dar friend and it was so uplifting.
Take care,
Hugs 7 Thanks for visiting me whilst I was sleeping x

Artatag said...

Many projects - you are very busy! The colours of your phone case and your heat gun are truly perfect to chase away the winter blues!
Have a nice week!
Cheers
Gabriele 10

Heather M said...

Hi BJ, I have no desk this week, so just having a quick tour round everyone's desk. I much prefer Celebration of Life to funeral! Your scrapbook page looks wonderful. Have a lovely week, Heather xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ. I love your choice of colours, the phone case is really unusual and the T-Shirt very pretty. Have a great woyww, Angela x17x

Robyn said...

enjoyed seeing all that is goin on here! Robyn 6

buterfliecrafter said...

Color is always a good thing, thx for your visit,Vicky