About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 18 May 2022

WOYWW #676 - Happy Anniversary

OK So I didn't actually plan to come back for the Anniversary it's just a happy coincidence :) 

In the 2 months I've been absent I have had a new computer as the old one's capacitors had blown and it kept dying until it really died completely.

Lots more room under my desk now as it is so much smaller. It is a reconditioned one from Amazon for about £150. Hubby let me have a one of his bigger monitors too which helps with paperless stuff better.

I haven't really been crafting much lately, so I thought I'd wait until I'd actually done a scrap page before showing my face above the ramparts. 

A few throw back photos from Sept 2000 of my late Mother-In-Law, Hubby and our Son aged 1 3/4yrs. We have been walking in the fields behind our house a lot lately and always remember her coming with us that time.

I made a couple of birthday cards too.


I have also had my first pair of NHS hearing aids fitted and can hear oh so much better now. Obviously not something noticed on-line but I was missing out on a section of sounds in the higher bracket. They are way smaller than I thought and match my hair colour LOL.

Consequently my harp sounds so much more divine and I've been learning a new piece called "May It Be".<- CLICK

I guess that is about it.

Happy WOYWW 13th Anniversary Everyone...

13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy 13th to you, too. It was good catching up with you and I was surprised how small the hearing aid is. I see you are still scrapbooking and making cards. They are all lovely, too.

I obviously won't have a number till Julia wakes.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ. Happy Anniversary my friend. I checked out you new music, sounds lovely. Bet you're pleased with the new hearing aids too. Wishing you a very happy woyww on this special day. Hugs Angela x15x

Caro said...

Happy WOYWW Anniversary BJ. Nice to see you on the desks again. Love the layout and the cards. Take care. With Love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Anniversary WOWYW and welcome back with your new computer. Love that card design. So versatile. Ali x #7

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you back BJ. Glad the hearing aids are helping so much - they are rather nifty. Great cards and scrapbook page. will you be at the crop? Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lynnecrafts said...

Good to see you back BJ. Happy lace anniversary. Take care
Lynnecrafts 19

Diana Taylor said...

Good to see you on the desks BJ and I love the cards. The hearing aid is very discreet isn't it, glad it's made such a difference to you.
Happy WOYWW anniversary, I hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #18

Helen said...

great to see you today BJ and glad the hearing aid is proving useful. You seem to have got a fair bit of crafting done as ever. Take care and happy WOYWW Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Happy 13th WOYWW Anniversary. Wow that harp sounds beautiful, well done x Angela #13

Julia Dunnit said...

Great timing BillyJane, and a lovely post, am very glad that your hearing aids are so good, bet the harp sounds crystal like to you now, what a wonderful result. Love that memory of your Ma in Law walking in the field with you, I find those sort of unremarkable events the most memorable now. Great page. So happy anniversary!

Kyla said...

Hi BJ, fair play with the new computer and yes the NHS hearing aides are so much smaller these days (my best mate had new ones a couple years ago and we were really impressed how diddy they are). Just emailed you as I need to send you my ATC (apologies for delay, been working long shifts all week will pop it in the post as soon as)
kyla aka lilpidge

Spyder said...

I've popped back again just to see if my comment went...doesn't look like it, but I think most did this week! Also wanted to have a listen to your May It Be harp music. You are a lady of many talents! I always wanted to learn the piano but never got around to it! Hope you are feeling a lot better, happy 13 th Anniversary...even if it is late now and thank you for your visit too!...I was here too! ((Lyn)) #21

BJ said...

Additional comments were received via email notification only:-

LLJ; Annie; Spyder (first comment); Susan R

No idea why they didn't show up on blog especially as Spyder's second one a few days later did????

BJ the really confused