So here's the tree in question, and it's original TPO from back in 1965.
The Shanly development is taking place on the old allotments.
In all this madness with Shanly I have managed some more embroidery.
I added some swirly leaves, then a panel from my wedding dress fabric (pink flowers) and the hay like grass having had no rain in months.I've penned letters to my local ward councillors and the local press, just need the courage to send them now...
Happy WOYWW Everyone.

6 comments:
That's so sad when they cut down trees in developments, especially such a beautiful one. I love the you are adding a panel from your wedding dress to your embroidery piece. Happy WOYWW!
It needs people like you to stand up to the groups who are making these decisions, press that button! Your embroidery is lovely especially that you’ve incorporated your wedding dress fabric.
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
Lov.e the new stitching. I understand how you feel as something similar happened near us on an old allotment. They said there was no protected wildlife but closed up a badger set later. I know it was legal when they did it but why can't they be honest in the first place. Try not to let it upset you too much. Maybe you could include the tree on your embroidery. Keep smiling. Woyww hugs Angela x7x
Your embroidery is beautiful. I am not surprised you are both upset and annoyed about the tree. Send your letters. If you have a local Facebook group, complain on that too. Sadly councils are a law to themselves, but we have to least make a push to defend our trees. Hugs Angela #9
Hello BJ, I'd be incandescent too. That tree is beautiful and if it had a PTO then how did they get permission to fell it. Similar has happened at our previous house. I'm told the two wonderful cherry trees that grew, on on either side of the front gate, have been chopped down. I consider that an act of vandalism and, again, how did the new owners get permission from the council. Send your letters. The Councils work for the people that pay their wages, not developers out to make a criminal amount of profit from building their cheap and nasty houses. Enough! Love your embroidery and how lovely that you still have your wedding dress - the piece you've inserted is so pretty. If you search hard enough you might spot a couple of your printables on the layout I've included in my post today. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #11
Hi BJ, the works around you a really beyond a joke. Damn the council for agreeing to the felling of a TPO tree. Good for you for protesting.
Your embroidery is gorgeous and such an inspiration.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx
Post a Comment