About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog.I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I keep a Scrapbooking Diary but not done much this year. I love yarn/fabric crafts with slow stitching and needle felting added to my list. I continue with my love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus Faith/Art Journaling with acrylics and inks. My list of crafty exploits includes ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like Walking/Geocaching. I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs or so. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian.

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

WOYWW #902 - Pants!

Yes quite literally my craft life has been reduced to mending pants! 

It's quite distressing to look back on the week and find no crafting as such, still no real desire to either.

I did however dye my hair again on Sunday. The temperature had increased so I didn't go to church as I just can't cope with the heat.

Don't be confused, the smile belies how I am actually feeling.

I have managed a few walks, avoiding building works as much as possible. 

The footpath is so open now without the trees and undergrowth it's like walking the gauntlet in working hours, best avoided. 

(Fireplace in a hedge)

One direction from my front door had a builder retching on the grass so had to avoid that as well. 

The other way vans and early crane deliveries. All very unpleasant.

(part of a piano perhaps?)

So quite some curiosities I have seen whilst out.

This crazy wall is at the edge of the shell garage probably from the former Galleon Swimming Pool complex from the 1940s. 

Glad they kept that with the recent electrical cabinet changes. In fact they have left it clear to walk round and view.

I missed the wrought ironwork on top of the wall, for these photos but maybe this would be a good embroidery project? 

We'll see.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

8 comments:

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Hi BJ! Your hair looks great! I hope you get your creative mojo back soon. I find that exercising, reorganizing my art studio, reading through my art books, doodling, blogging and/or reading through Scripture helps me when feeling uncreative. Peace, my friend!

Helen said...

Well done on your hair it looks great . Shame your walks aren't bringing you much relief. Hope you get your art mojo back soon. Hugs. Helen #4

Annie said...

Your hair looks lovely and it's good to see you're getting out and about. Keep smiling
Hugs,
Annie x #5

ukmaryanne said...

Aiming to do better this week!
Loving the hair, as ever. It is such a sadness your walks aren't as fun as they might be but getting out (despite retching workmen) is always a good thing and with cooler temps coming it'll be better, both inside and out. Hang in there.
Mary Anne (8)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's funny but I always feel better when I've had something done to my hair and yours is looking great. The wall is beautiful and could be very inspiring as the start of all kinds of art work projects. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x9x

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi BJ you and your hair are looking great! I hope you get your crafting mojo back soon. That wall is quite lovely.
Happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 6 xx

Elizabeth said...

Hello BJ, Your hair looks fabulous - you're reminding me that I loved it when I had my fringe tinted with pink - and I'm glad that despite all the issues you're having to deal with currently you can still smile - albeit somewhat fixed for the photo. Your collection of snaps from your walks might be odd but they are interesting. Humans, as my cat would say if she could speak, are an a very strange bunch. Hope you have a better week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #11

Lindart said...

Hi BJ1 I was just wondering yesterday if your hair was still purple! I really like that colour. My mojo left me most of the summer and I am finally back, I hope your comes back soo! I have always found cleaning out my craft room gets it back! I love the fireplace in the bushes, and the cool wall. Your walks are much more interesting than mine (although thankfully we don't have any retching workers😯). Have a wonderful week, no matter what you do! Lindart #13