Wednesday, 26 August 2026

WOYWW #899 - Nada

Sorry nothing to show here except papers about the development and tree felling. 

Shanly still hasn't shared any info so I've written to head of planning, the local press and my 3 councillors. Also the groundworks contractor just trying to get an idea of what's happening and when.

I spoke with the Tree Officer yesterday, its a done deal.

The press have replied to my email and I expect a call soon.

Everywhere is such a mess and I feel a prisoner in my own home with the other 2 developments going on either side as well. 

The roads are either full of HGVs or blocked or closed!

The closed/diversion is for some other roadworks and the signage is rather misleading as the throughfare is still open.


Add to that I am suffering from all the dust with Pulsatile Tinnitus.

Only positive is I managed to go to badminton last week and church too as it was a bit cooler, but had to leave both early. Unfortunately it has been warmer the past couple of days which is distressing.

So yes still struggling somewhat, can't really concentrate on anything crafty and lots of tears.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

14 comments:

  1. At least you’re fighting for the trees BJ, it shows you care. Probably no one else has so kudos to you for that.
    Hugs LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if ‘a done deal’ for the tree means the tree officer has agreed to the felling, but good for you for protesting.
    I hope things get better soon
    Happy WOYWW
    hugs
    Lynnecrafts 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is late for me today as I’m still trying to sort out the new laptop. I'm sorry to hear that things are not going well at your end and I can imagine you are really fed up with it all. Fingers crossed things get better. Wishing you some smiles, hopefully. Hugs Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear those developers are not just wreaking havoc in your neighborhood, but also stifling your creativity. Big Bend National Park, which is only about 4 hours from where I live, is being bulldozed by developers building "the Wall." It's a travesty, and I am heartbroken. Peace, my friend, and Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so sorry to hear how difficult life is for you at the moment…I really hope life improves very soon.
    Sending you big hugs,
    Annie x #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh BJ how awful this year has been for you!! we have some renovating a house two doors down, hasn't been too bad noisewise, but they have completely trashed the front and back gardens, just razing them to the ground. Not removing anything, just cutting it all down. No idea why, and despite the drought lots of it is sprouting again. idiots. Yes Lionel is getting big, he's 3 1/2 now and qiute a character. School won't know what's hit them.
    Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've tried so hard with the trees! do need an op , sadly wrist needs pinning helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending Hugs & Creative Blessings all is back in order soon and the dust settles.
    ~ Kelly #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your fighting for the trees, BJ, even though your not feeling well because of all the disruption going on around you. There was a time when neighbouring houses were formally notified of any work being carried out. Seems it's all a lot more underhand these days and I think local.opinion is dismissed as unimportant. I hope you you protests are listened to and the trees that are left are saved. Hugs, Elizabeth #13

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy quite late WOYWW catch-up!
    Sounds about par for the course! OUr neighbor explained that a lovely hedge that masked the big retirement community across from our side-access road (on HER property) was meant to stay but one day she went out and when she got back it was gone. No compensation, no re-plant. Keep on them - once they are gone there is nothing to be done about it!! Well done you for taking up arms against the destruction.
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad there are some positives! Happy WOYWW! Susan #7. I am now in Rehab after my hip replacement and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what a pain for you and fair play for contacting the council and press too. Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you for standing up for the trees BJ. what a distressing situation for you all round. Hoping the recent rain has brought the dust down a little. Stay safe and Happy Belated WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are chopping down trees and building 100's of horrid houses on green fields in my surrounding area too...makes me sooo sad! and mad! And the noise and dust it horrid for the people next to the buildings.. Happy last weeks WOYWW!?((Lyn))#16

    ReplyDelete