About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog.I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary, plus any cards as required. As my Carpal Tunnel allows I am getting into yarn/fabric crafts with slow stitching and needle felting added to my list. I continue with my love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus Faith/Art Journaling with acrylics and inks. I completed my challenge to make an art journal page a day for my 60th year in 2024. My list of crafty exploits includes ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like Walking/Geocaching. I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Evangelical Church.

Wednesday, 22 July 2026

WOYWW #894 - Precious Little

As the title says, precious little crafting done this past week. 

Here's my desk where my "daily" scripture writing is even left wanting!

I did however, spurred on by some of you, add a further strip to my embroidery. 

The silver/grey plant was added after a friend's visit Friday and a photo she shared. 

The blue was supposed to be a Hydrangea but looks more like a pond in the distance LOL.

Still severely upset by the buildings works with all the dumper trucks, plumes of dust and insidious beep-beep reversing alarms. Plus elsewhere workers parking completely on the footway/pavement saying they didn't care.

Thankful for the cooler temperatures, though still in flimsy Summer dresses. I did manage going to church on Sunday which was the first time in 6 weeks. But all in all still struggling.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m sorry you’ve been so affected by the works, it must be very disruptive. Your slow stitching has been lovely to watch develop, it’s a lovely piece and your hydrangea/pond is a lovely splash of blue!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Your living line embroidery is so beautiful and I love that you’re bringing into it inspiration from your friend’s visit.
I’m sorry you’re so affected by the building works, they sound extremely inconsiderate. Would keeping a log to report to the council help you? If you can’t change the situation, could finding another way of reacting to it help? I can see it’s really frustrating.
Happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx

Helen said...

Sorry the works outside are so annoying , it must be dreadful if you're stuck inside having to listen to it . Well done for continuing the sewing . Take care. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I understand how you feel, some workmen seem to think that what they are doing is the only important thing and no one else or their needs matter. There were a couple doing work across the road from us and had music going from about 8.30 in the morning as well as all the other noise they made and I know we have people who work the night shift at the hospital and really need their sleep during the day, it's very sad but thank goodness it's not all of them. Keep up the good work with the stitching, love it. Take care and have a happy week, hugs Angela x10x

Kyla said...

oh sorry its been a difficult time, its not easy for sure. Loving how your embroidery is coming along though. Kyla

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I just love how your embroidery is literally telling a story about your life experiences. Happy WOYWW! PS - Great minds think alike, as I also was inspired by the hydrangea this past week!

ukmaryanne said...

Happy weekend after WOYWW!
When will this weather end?? Luckily slightly cooler and with quite low temps overnight. But Ugh. I'm am so over it. The slow stitch project is the perfect thing to be crafty but low energy!
Mary Anne (5)

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry that you are still being so badly affected by the works and the weather BJ. Your stitching project is so beautiful. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Beautiful embroidery.
I hope the workmen leave soon.

Elizabeth said...

Hello BJ, I'm late in catching up this week. I do hope things are improving for you by now. We've had rain, at last! Hydrangeas may be the flower of the moment. I look forward to seeing them on your embroidery project. Hugs, Elizabeth x #14

Kelly said...

HI BJ
sounds disconcerting but this too shall pass.
Sending positive energy
Hugs & Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly #15

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the stitching! It inspires me to do some...
Happy WOYWW! Susan #9